I am Akashdev Engineer, a telecom professional with 16 years of experience, currently working with Vodafone idea limited in capacity of Assistant general manager. I was Project Manager for rolling out 2G/3G/4G telecom sites and spent almost 10 years in it. As I have keen interest in Project rollout, though currently I am working as operation manager, it triggered me to do some specialization in the project management field. I have worked with Nokia Siemens networks, Huawei India pvt. ltd. and Global telecom limited till now where I was involved in operation and maintenance. I got to know from one of my friends about ProThoughts helping fulfilling aspirants’ dreams and I got connected with Prothought which helped me sail through smoothly. I got my PMP on 17th Nov 2022 with “Above target” rating in all three categories i.e. People, Process and Business Environment.
I am not into writing but one of such articles helped me prepare for PMP so I thought of sharing some ideas/guidelines for those who want to pursue a career in the project management field.
Before 35h Training
- Guys, the most important thing while you want to prepare for this exam is that you make up your schedule before you start preparing for this exam else you would end up stretching it too much. I kept the target of finishing this exam in 40 days and started preparing in that direction.
- I would strongly recommend you to go through Rita Mulcahy 10th edition book once before you appear for the 35h training program that will make you more aware about terms being used and flow of course. I completed the entire book in 17 days before training and that really helped a lot during the training session.
After 35h Training
- After training was over I started going through the book once again. I completed the same RMC again in the next 15 days.
- During training it was suggested to go through one agile book as well and I used “Head first agile “by O’reilly and it helped me understand agile in a detailed manner. I completed it almost 10 days
- Till Now I have completed RMC –two times and Agile- once
- Before taking the mock test I did a quick revision of RMC three times in the next 7 days and appeared for the 1st mock test and scored only 55% as I did not time bound my exam. While appearing on the mock test ensure that you strictly follow the timeline and that is one of most challenging things during your final exam.
- I appeared in the 2nd and 3rd mock test and scored 132/180 and 134/180 respectively. Done analysis of both mock tests identified weak areas and worked upon it.
- Quickly revise the RMC 4th times in 7 days and then appeared for 4th mock test and score 130/180
- Now I was ready to take final exam for PMP which I took on 17th Nov and got “Above rating” in all three categories
During Final PMP Exam at Test Center
- Time management is key to be successful in this exam don’t waste much time after one question. There was no calculative question asked and all question were situational but you need to be ready for all types of question
- It was my personal experience that you would hardly have any time for reviewing answers so do it in the first go only rather than relying on revisiting.
- Take advantage of 2 breaks each after 60 questions. Drink water, wash your face. That 3-4 min disconnect will revitalize you for taking the next load of exams.
- During exam take 4-5 deep breathe if you feel nervous that will give enough oxygen to your brain to normalize
- It may be possible that you don’t feel confident till the last question of exam about passing but don’t think too much about it, believe in yourself and keep reminding that you have done enough preparation and you will come out with flying colors
- At last if time permits, review possible questions and submit your exams.
This course is designed in a way that opens your eyes to see the project entirely in a different way. PMP certification will help you learn so many things and sharpen your professional career. I would like to thank the entire ProThoughts team specially Mr. Pritesh Shah and Mr. Het Shah for all his guidance and support throughout the journey.
Do you also want to become a PMP certified like Akashdev? Then look no further than Prothoughts. Schedule a free call with our consultant & get to know more about how you can get this important Certificate or drop a message on WhatsApp.
HAPPY LEARNING AND ALL THE BEST