E-Books are the new medium to read books. An e-book is an Electronic Book. With the entire community of workers working electronically, e-books are the preferred choice of reading books. The e-book looks exactly just like a book with the content of tables, the page does – it is like reading a book on your laptop, PC, desktop, your e-book reader, tablet, smartphone, etc.
Ebooks vs Printed Books: At a Glance
|Less space needed
|Require more space
|has several characteristics
|does not possess features
|accessible at all times
|not always readily available
Ebooks offer many benefits and advantages, and this article shows a few of them.
- Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously. You can purchase, download and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don’t have to go to a bookstore to buy them, neither wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes more to arrive in the mail.
- No trees are required to manufacture paper for the pages of ebooks.
- When you need certain information, you can get it immediately, by downloading an ebook.
- Ebooks take up less space. You practically don’t need any space to store them. You don’t need a library or a room for them. You can store hundreds and thousands of ebooks on your computer or reading device.
- Ebooks are portable. You can carry a whole library of hundreds of books with you, on CD, in a laptop, notebook or any ebook reader, without worrying about their weight.
Some other salient features:
- With today’s technology, you can read ebooks everywhere, on the bus, train, airplane, and while standing in line. It is feasible with the current trend of smartphones.
- You can carry with you a great number of ebooks wherever you go, which you cannot do with ordinary books.
- Ebooks can show links, for easy access to more information and related websites. With the internet connectivity available while reading E-book so it can be very helpful.
- Since ebooks are delivered through the Internet, there are no packing and shipping expenses.
- Ebooks can be printable so that if you wish to read an ebook in the traditional way, you can very inexpensively print it with your home printer or at any printing shop.
Digital books are actually such a big deal that I could talk about them all day, and it’s not just readers who can benefit; if digital books are ever leveraged as efficiently as they should be, they’ll have the capacity to enhance the entire literature landscape, benefiting readers, authors, and publishers alike. We’d be able to get more books into the right hands at a lower cost, thus benefitting everyone. It’s going to be great.
But here I wanted to focus just on the advantages from a reader’s perspective, some of which are not immediately obvious.
So all you “I just like books” people out there…regular books are just fine, and rest assured, they’re never going away. But if you feel like you’re just not reading as much as you’d like, give an e-reader a try.